2 hrs 10 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 1 loaf
- 2 tsp active dried yeast
- 1 tbsp superfine sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) water
- 4 cups (22½ oz) bread flour
- 1 tbsp dried milk powder
- 1Put the yeast, sugar, oil, salt and water in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- 2Assemble the mixer using the glass mixing bowl and dough hook. Add the flour and milk powder to the bowl. Turn the mixer to FOLDING/ KNEADING setting. Add the yeast mixture and knead for 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- 3Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover and rest in a warm place for 40 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- 4Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a tight ball. Put the dough on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Cover with a clean tea towel and rest in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- 5Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 6Once the dough has doubled in size, cut two shallow slits in the top of the dough with a sharp knife.
- 7Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and sounding hollow when tapped on the top.
- 8Serve the bread warm or at room temperature.