Veggie Supreme Pizza
8 hrs 10 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 4 pizzas
For the pizza dough:
- 1¼ lb bread flour
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp instant dried yeast
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) cold water
- Olive oil
For the pizza:
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) marinara sauce
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 small green bell peppers
- 1 lb small white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups (75 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (1½ oz) grated parmesan cheese
- 1Place the flour, salt and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the water and knead on low speed for 5-6 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 2Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured countertop and divide into 4 x 8½ oz pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball.
- 4Lightly sprinkle two baking sheets with semolina and place the dough balls on the baking sheets, leaving 4-inches between the balls. Drizzle each ball with a little oil, spread the oil to coat the dough. Cover each baking sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 5 days.
- 5An hour before cooking remove the dough from the refrigerator and stand, covered, at room temperature. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 6About 45 minutes before the dough has finished resting preheat the oven. Select the WOOD FIRED setting. Turn the DARKNESS setting to medium and select 15 minutes on the TIMER dial (preheat can take up to 20 minutes).
- 7In a medium bowl, combine the marinara sauce, 1 teaspoon of the salt and oregano. Set aside until required.
- 8Place the onion and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl, toss to combine and set aside. Combine the bell peppers and mushrooms in a large bowl with the olive oil and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. Spread the mixture evenly in the pizza pan.
- 9Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and press the TIMER dial to start the timer. Cook, stirring every 5 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned. There should be no excess moisture in the base of the pan.
- 10Adjust the oven settings. Select PAN, turn the DARKNESS setting to the LIGHTER dial and select 3 minutes on the TIMER dial.
- 11Sprinkle semolina on a clean countertop. Use a bench scraper to lift one of the dough balls and place on the countertop. Sprinkle semolina over the dough. Keep the remaining dough covered to prevent it from drying out. Gently press out the dough working from the center into a 9-inch round, leaving a ½-inch border. Lightly sprinkle the peel with semolina. Carefully transfer the dough onto the peel, gently removing any excess semolina.
- 12Spread a quarter of the sauce evenly over the dough to the border. Scatter with ¼ cup mozzarella, then top with a quarter of the mushroom and green pepper mix and a quarter of the onion. Scatter ¼ cup mozzarella and a quarter of the parmesan on top.
- 13Place the pizza in the oven and press the TIMER dial to start the timer. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the crust is spotted brown and the cheese has melted.
- 14Transfer to a cutting board, slice and serve. Repeat with the remaining dough, sauce and toppings.
Share with friends