Gluten-Free Seeded Cottage Loaf
2 hrs 10 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 1 loaf
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) olive oil
plus extra for brushing
- ⅔ cup (5½ fl oz) unsweetened almond milk
- ¾ cup (6 fl oz) warm water
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2½ cups (13¼ oz) gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- ⅓ cup (¾ oz) psyllium husk
- 2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tbsp instant dried yeast
- ¼ cup (1½ oz) mixed seeds (flaxseed, chia, fennel, poppy, sesame)
- 1 tbsp (¾ oz) honey
- Cooking oil spray
- 1Combine the oil, almond milk, warm water and vinegar in a liquid measuring cup and whisk to combine.
- 2Put the flour, salt, psyllium husk, xanthan gum, yeast, seeds and honey in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook. Mix on medium speed to combine.
- 3Add the almond milk mixture and knead on medium speed for 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 4Turn the dough onto a countertop and knead into a ball.
- 5Spray the pizza pan lightly with cooking oil spray. Put the dough on the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 6Brush the top of the bread with oil and score the top to help it expand during cooking.
- 7Insert the wire rack into the bottom shelf. Preheat the oven. Select BAKE/CONVECTION/350°F/50 minutes and press start.
- 8Once preheated, remove the plastic wrap, brush the top of the loaf with oil and put the bread in the oven. Bake for 50 minutes until golden and the loaf sounds hollow when the bottom is tapped.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.