4 hrs total time
25 mins active time
- 6 large egg whites
- 1½ cups (10½ oz) superfine sugar
- 10 fl oz whipping cream
- Sliced strawberries
- Passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 275°F. Grease a baking sheet. Mark a 9-inch circle on a sheet of parchment paper. Place the paper, marked-side down on the tray.
- 2Assemble the mixer using the glass mixing bowl and whisk attachment. Add the egg whites to the bowl. Slowly turn the mixer to AERATE/WHIP setting and whisk until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add the sugar and continue beating for 10 minutes, until the sugar dissolves and egg whites are thick and glossy.
- 4Spoon the meringue onto the prepared tray, using the marking as a guide, shape the side into a dome.
- 5Bake for 1 hour until the pavlova is dry and crisp.
- 6Turn the oven off and allow the pavlova to cool in the oven with the door ajar.
- 7Once cooled, assemble the mixer using the stainless steel mixing bowl and whisk attachment. Add the cream to the bowl. Slowly turn mixer to CREAMING/BEATING setting and whisk until soft peaks form.
- 8Top the pavlova with the whipped cream, strawberries and passionfruit pulp. Serve.
Share with friends