Air-Fried Teriyaki Chicken
The chicken is tossed in a deliciously flavored homemade teriyaki sauce. When air fried it produces super juicy tender pieces of chicken that’s perfect for easy weeknight cooking.
30 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 2½ lb boneless chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 green onions
For the teriyaki sauce:
- ⅓ cup (2¾ fl oz) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 3 tbsp (2½ oz) honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1Whisk all the teriyaki ingredients listed below in a large bowl.
- 2Turn to coat.
- 3Insert the wire rack into position 4. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 4Place the chicken, skin side up, in the roasting pan and pour over the marinade from the bowl. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- 5Once preheated, place in the oven and start the timer. When the Rotate Remind signals, rotate the pan and continue cooking.
- 6To test if the chicken is cooked, insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part, it should read a minimum of 167°F. If not, give it a bit more.
- 7Cut each thigh into three pieces on the diagonal. Reserve the pan juices, to serve.
- 8Drizzle with the pan juices and sprinkle with the onions. Serve with steamed rice, if desired.