Chocolate Chip, Pecan & Oatmeal Cookies
1 hr 20 mins total time
20 mins active time
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecan halves
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- 2Assemble Breville bench mixer with beater attachment. Place butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in the mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes until pale and creamy.
- 3Add egg and beat until just combined. Sift flour, baking powder and salt, then add to egg mixture on low speed, mixing until just combined.
- 4Add chocolate chips, pecans and oats and mix on low speed until just combined.
- 5Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into balls and place 6 balls, 2 inches apart, on each prepared pan.
- 6Insert wire racks in rack positions 3 and 6. Select COOKIES/315°F/SUPER CONVECTION/12 minutes. Press START to preheat oven.
- 7Bake cookies for 12 minutes, rotating halfway through baking (change top to bottom and front to back).
- 8Let cool on baking pans for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 9Repeat steps 5 to 8 with remaining dough.Tip: If using only one tray at a time bake on COOKIES/325˚F/CONVECTION/12 minutes in rack position 5 and rotate halfway through.