So So Spicy Shrimp Pizza
8 hrs 30 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 4 pizzas
For the pizza dough:
- 1¼ lb bread flour
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp instant dried yeast
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) cold water
- Olive oil
For the shrimp:
- 1 lb raw shrimp
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
For the pizza:
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) marinara sauce
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cups (7 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5½ oz spicy pepperoni
- 10½ oz fiore di latte
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 4 bird’s eye chili
- 5¼ oz cherry tomatoes
- Cilantro leaves
- 1Place the flour, salt and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the water and knead on low speed for 5-6 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 2Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured countertop and divide into 4 x 8½ oz pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball.
- 4Lightly sprinkle two baking sheets with semolina and place the dough balls on the baking sheets, leaving 4-inches between the balls. Drizzle each ball with a little oil, spread the oil to coat the dough. Cover each baking sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 5 days.
- 5An hour before cooking remove the dough from the refrigerator and stand, covered, at room temperature. Meanwhile, marinate the shrimp.
- 6Place the shrimp, garlic and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until required. Continue to the next step.
- 7In a medium bowl, combine the marinara sauce, salt and oregano. Set aside until required.
- 8About 20 minutes before the dough has finished resting preheat the oven. Select the WOOD FIRED setting. Turn the DARKNESS setting to the DARKER dial and select 2 minutes on the TIMER dial (preheat can take up to 20 minutes).
- 9Sprinkle semolina on a clean countertop. Use a bench scraper to lift one of the dough balls and place on the countertop. Sprinkle semolina over the dough. Keep the remaining dough covered to prevent it from drying out. Gently press out the dough working from the center into a 9-inch round, leaving a ½-inch border. Lightly sprinkle the peel with semolina. Carefully transfer the dough onto the peel, gently removing any excess semolina.
- 10Spread a quarter of the marinara sauce evenly over the dough to the border. Scatter with a quarter of the mozzarella, then top with a quarter of the pepperoni and a quarter of the shrimp. Scatter with a quarter of each of the remaining ingredient, except for the cilantro.
- 11Once preheated, place the pizza in the oven and press the TIMER dial to start the timer. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the crust is spotted brown and the cheese has melted.
- 12Transfer to a cutting board and stand for 1 minute. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves, slice and serve. Repeat with the remaining dough, sauce and toppings.