Tutto Sul Formaggio
8 hrs 30 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 4 pizzas
For the pizza dough:
- 1¼ lb bread flour
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp instant dried yeast
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) cold water
- Olive oil
For the white sauce:
- 2½ oz unsalted butter
- ½ cup (2½ oz) all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups (20 fl oz) milk
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 cup (2¾ oz) grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
For the pizza:
- 2 cups (7 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2⅔ cups (9½ oz) shredded asiago cheese
- 9¾ oz scarmorza bianca
- 4¼ oz goat cheese
- 4¼ oz gorgonzola
- 1Place the flour, salt and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the water and knead on low speed for 5-6 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- 2Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured countertop and divide into 4 x 8½ oz pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball.
- 4Lightly sprinkle two baking sheets with semolina and place the dough balls on the baking sheets, leaving 4-inches between the balls. Drizzle each ball with a little oil, spread the oil to coat the dough. Cover each baking sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or up to 5 days.
- 5To make the white sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk to form a paste. Continue whisking for 2 minutes to allow the flour to cook out. Gradually add the milk, whisking until smooth. Continue whisking until the mixture comes to a simmer. Stir in the mustard, parmesan and salt. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate until required.
- 6An hour before cooking remove the dough from the refrigerator and stand, covered, at room temperature.
- 7About 20 minutes before the dough has finished resting preheat the oven. Select the WOOD FIRED setting. Turn the DARKNESS setting to the DARKER dial and select 2 minutes on the TIMER dial (preheat can take up to 20 minutes).
- 8Sprinkle semolina on a clean countertop. Use a bench scraper to lift one of the dough balls and place on the countertop. Sprinkle semolina over the dough. Keep the remaining dough covered to prevent it from drying out. Gently press out the dough working from the center into a 9-inch round, leaving a ½-inch border. Lightly sprinkle the peel with semolina. Carefully transfer the dough onto the peel, gently removing any excess semolina.
- 9Spread 2/3 cup of the white sauce evenly over the dough to the border. Top with a quarter of each of the cheeses.
- 10Once preheated, place the pizza in the oven and press the TIMER dial to start the timer. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the crust is spotted brown and the cheese has melted.
- 11Transfer to a cutting board and allow to stand for 1 minute. Slice and serve. Repeat with the remaining dough, sauce and cheeses.
- Ovens & Air Fryers
Classic Quiche Lorraine