Honey Mustard Glazed Easter Ham
Our fragrant spiced glaze will fill the air with the scent of celebration and family gathering. The best part about this centerpiece is that the oven does all the hard work, air-fried to caramelize the glaze, then broiled for a rich glistening amber finish. The honey-mustard sauce is its perfect partner. Fingers crossed there’s leftovers.
4 hrs total time
35 mins active time
Serves about 20
For the ham:
- 10 lb city ham with bone in
- 2 tbsp (1½ oz) honey
- 2 tbsp (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
For the spice mix:
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch of ground cloves
For the honey mustard sauce:
- ¾ cup (5¼ oz) light brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (2 oz) honey
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1Using a knife, score the rind around the ham shank without cutting into the fat. Gently run your fingers just under the rind to remove, leaving the fat intact. Score the fat in a crisscross pattern. Do not score too deep or the fat will spread during cooking.
- 2Line the roasting pan with foil and place the broiling rack in the pan.
- 3Insert the wire rack into position 8. Select ROAST/SUPER CONVECTION/350°F/2 hours 30 minutes and press START to preheat.
- 4Tear 4 lengths of foil approximately 40-inch long. Lay 2 pieces vertically on the countertop. Lightly spray the edge of 1 piece and lay the other piece slightly overlapping on top. Repeat with the remaining 2 sheets, placing them horizontally on top to form a cross. Place the ham in the center of the foil.
- 5Combine the honey and melted butter in a small bowl and brush all over the ham.
- 6Bring the edges of the foil together to enclose the ham and place in the roasting pan.
- 7Once preheated, place the pan in the oven with the shank on the right side, closest to the fan. After 1 hour cooking time, rotate the pan and continue cooking.
- 8Meanwhile, make the spice mix. Place all the spice mix ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 9Remove the ham from the oven and unwrap. Test with a meat thermometer in several places from the cut end. The ham is ready when the readings are at least 120°F.
- 10Adjust the oven to PHASE COOK, for P1 select AIR FRY/SUPER CONVECTION/350°F/10 minutes and press CONFIRM. For P2 select BROIL/MEDIUM/5 minutes. Press START to preheat.
- 11Meanwhile, brush the ham with the Dijon mustard and sprinkle with the spice mix.
- 12Remove the ham from the foil and reserve ½ cup (4 fl oz) of the juices for the honey mustard sauce. Discard the foil and remove the broiling rack from the pan. Replace the foil in the pan and return the ham to the pan.
- 13Once preheated, return the ham to the oven with the shank on the right side and start cooking. When the oven signals rotate the pan and continue cooking.
- 14Remove the ham from oven and test with the meat thermometer in several places. The ham is ready when the readings are at least 140°F.
- 15Allow the ham to rest uncovered, for at least 20 minutes. Meanwhile, make the honey mustard sauce.
- 16Place the brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of the reserved cooking juices in a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat. Whisk to dissolve and bring to a boil. Add the remaining cooking juices, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Return to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Add the mustards and whisk to combine. Remove from the heat.
- 17Carve the ham and serve with the sauce.