Prosciutto Wrapped Halloumi and Watermelon Salad
Grilled halloumi wrapped in crispy prosciutto makes a deliciously simple topper for this fresh summery watermelon salad. Aside from being a great topping, the wrapped halloumi can be served on its own as finger food.
25 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 1 Persian cucumber
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1½ lb watermelon
- 8 basil leaves
- ¼ cup (1½ oz) sliced kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ½ tsp sea salt
plus extra to season
- 8 oz halloumi
- 5 thin slices prosciutto
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Peel the cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and into pieces. Place in a large bowl. Remove the core from the tomatoes and coarsely chop. Add to the bowl.
- 2Cut the watermelon into large pieces, add to the bowl. Tear the basil into the bowl. Add the olives, chives and salt and toss.
- 3For easy cleaning and to avoid burning, line the roasting pan with foil and place the broiling rack on top.
- 4Cut the halloumi into 5 slices, then cut each slice in half lengthwise. Cut each piece of prosciutto in half crosswise. Place a piece of halloumi at one end of the prosciutto and wrap to enclose, place on the rack.
- 5Insert the wire rack into position 2. Place the pan in the oven and start the timer. Meanwhile, make the dressing.
- 6Whisk the balsamic and oil together and set aside.
- 7The prosciutto and halloumi should be golden. If not, give it a bit more.
- 8Place the salad in a serving bowl, top with the wrapped halloumi. Lightly season with salt, drizzle with the dressing and serve.