Air-Fried Asparagus and Peas with Feta and Mint
The oven air fries the asparagus until perfectly tender, then it’s finished off with broil for a richer color. Throw in sweet green peas, some salty feta and a sprinkling of fresh mint for a winning warm salad combo. It makes a bright spring side dish for your celebration table or top with grilled fish or steak for a midweek dinner.
25 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 8 oz asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (5 oz) frozen peas
- 4 oz feta
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped mint
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Insert the wire rack into position 4. Press PHASE COOK, for P1 select AIR FRY/SUPER CONVECTION/425°F/12 minutes, enable Rotate Remind and press CONFIRM. For P2 select BROIL/HIGH/2 minutes and press START to preheat.
- 2Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus, then cut in half diagonally. Place in a large bowl.
- 3Add the olive oil, salt and pepper to the asparagus and toss to coat. Place in the foil-lined roasting pan and evenly spread. Add the frozen peas to the bowl and toss to lightly coat with the residual oil and seasoning from the bowl. Set the peas aside.
- 4Place the feta and pepper flakes in a bowl. Finely grate the lemon zest over the feta and stir to combine.
- 5Once preheated, place the asparagus in the oven. When the Rotate Remind signals stir in the peas and continue cooking. When the oven signals again stir in the feta mixture and continue cooking until the asparagus is tender.
- 6Add the mint and toss to combine. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve.