Cedar Plank Brie with Honeyed Walnuts
Soft melting brie paired with fresh rosemary and sweet honeyed walnuts, baked on a cedar plank to impart a subtle woody scent. This dish will take pride of place on any cheese platter or as a showcase entrée of its own. Serve it with your favorite crackers or rustic bread.
1 hr 40 mins total time
15 mins active time
- ¾ cup (2½ oz) walnuts
- ¼ cup (3 oz) honey
- 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary leaves
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 7 oz wheel ripe brie
- 1Place a 11½-inch x 5-inch cedar grilling plank in the roasting pan and cover with cold water. Place a heavy bowl on top to keep the plank submerged and allow to soak for approximately 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- 2Insert the wire rack into position 4. Select BAKE/CONVECTION/350°F/7 minutes and press START to preheat.
- 3Line the pizza pan with parchment paper.
- 4Place the walnuts, 2 tablespoons honey, chopped rosemary and salt in a bowl and stir to coat. Spread evenly over the lined pizza pan.
- 5Once preheated, place the pan in the oven and cook for 7 minutes, or until the walnuts are golden and the honey caramelized.
- 6Remove the walnuts from the oven and set aside to cool.
- 7Press PHASE COOK, for P1 select BAKE/CONVECTION/325°F/13 minutes and press CONFIRM. For P2 select ROAST/CONVECTION 340°F/2 minutes and press START.
- 8Meanwhile, drain the water from the pan and return the plank to the pan. Place the rosemary sprigs in the center of the plank and top with the brie.
- 9Place the pan in the oven. At the end of P1, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons honey and continue cooking. The brie should be firm on the outside and gooey in the centre.
- 10Coarsely chop the walnuts. Sprinkle brie with the walnuts and serve immediately with crackers.