Zucchini Fries with Herbed Yogurt Dip
1 hr 10 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1½ tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 cup (2 oz) panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup (2 oz) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup (1¼ oz) all-purpose flour
- 3 large egg whites
- Cooking oil spray
For the herbed yogurt dip:
- 1 cup (8½ oz) Greek-style yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic
- 3 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1Cut the zucchini in half crosswise and then cut each in half lengthwise. Cut each piece into ½-inch thick wedges. Sprinkle the zucchini with the salt and put in a colander set over a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- 2Rinse the zucchini under cold running water to get rid of the excess salt. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 3To make the herbed yogurt dip, put all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, oregano and cayenne in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are well combined and slightly finer in texture. Transfer the crumb mixture to a tray.
- 5Place the flour in a shallow dish.
- 6Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until slightly foaming.
- 7Working with a few zucchini wedges at a time, coat the zucchini in the flour mixture, dusting off any excess, dip in the egg whites then breadcrumbs, pressing on the crumbs, ensuring all sides are well coated. Place on a plate. Continue until all the zucchini wedges are coated.
- 8Place the zucchini in the air fry basket, ensuring they are not touching each other. Spray the zucchini with the oil to coat. Turn the zucchini and spray the other side.
- 9Preheat the oven. Select AIRFRY/SUPER CONVECTION/425°F/16 minutes and press start.
- 10Once preheated, place the zucchini in the AIR FRY position and cook for 16 minutes until golden and crisp.
- 11Serve immediately with the herbed yogurt dip.