Air-Fried Zucchini Fries with Herbed Yogurt Dip
1 hr 10 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 2 medium zucchinis
(about 8 ounces each)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
Herbed yogurt dip:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp minced chives
- 1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1Cut the zucchini in half crosswise and then cut each half lengthwise into wedges ½-inch (1cm) thick. Toss zucchini with 1½ teaspoons kosher salt and place in a strainer or colander set over a bowl. Let drain for 30 minutes. Rinse well under cold running water to get rid of excess salt. Use paper towels or a clean dish towel to dry the zucchini well.
- 2To make the dip, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- 3Combine panko, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, cayenne and ½ teaspoon kosher salt in the bowl of a Breville food processor. Pulse until ingredients are well combined and slightly finer in texture, 5–7 pulses. Transfer panko mixture to a shallow dish.
- 4Place flour and egg whites in two additional shallow dishes.
- 5Working in batches, toss zucchini in flour and shake off any excess. Dip zucchini in egg whites and allow excess to drain off. Dredge zucchini in panko mixture, ensuring all sides are well crusted.
- 6Arrange zucchini in a single layer on the airfry basket, leaving space between each piece.
- 7Select AIRFRY/425°F/SUPER CONVECTION/12 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- 8Cook in rack position 4 until brown and crispy, about 12 minutes.
- 9Serve immediately with herbed yogurt dip.