7 hrs 10 mins total time
10 mins active time
Makes 1 quart
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) fresh orange juice
- 1 cup (8¾ oz) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (6¼ oz) vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup (6 fl oz) heavy cream
- 1½ tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Grated orange zest
- 1Combine ¾ cup (6 fl oz) of the orange juice and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 2-3 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Add the remaining orange juice to the mixture. Pour into a measuring cup and refrigerate 2 hours or until cold.
- 2Once chilled, whisk the orange juice mixture, yogurt, cream, orange zest and vanilla together.
- 3Select the pre-cool function.
- 4Once precooled, pour the orange mixture into the ice cream bowl.
- 5Set the ice cream maker to manual setting for 50 minutes. Press start to churn.
- 6Once the sherbet is frozen transfer to a freezer-safe container, just large enough to contain the sherbet. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight for firmer sherbet.
- 7Scoop into bowls and serve sprinkled with orange zest.
- 8Store sherbet in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. The sherbet will become very firm after freezing overnight, so remove from the freezer and stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before serving for easier scooping.