Feta and Spinach Waffles
25 mins total time
15 mins active time
Makes 8 waffles
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) milk
- 9 tbsp (4½ oz) butter
- 1½ cups (8 oz) self-rising flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 7 oz soft feta
- 1 lb frozen spinach
thawed, excess moisture squeezed out
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pan-fried bacon
- Grilled tomato halves
- Baby arugula
- 1Place the egg yolks, milk and butter in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 2Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 3Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- 4Add the feta, spinach and Parmesan and stir until just combined.
- 5Beat the egg whites with a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- 6Select BELGIAN setting and dial up 6 on LIGHT/DARK indicator dial.
- 7Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 8Pour ½ cup of batter into each waffle square and close the lid to cook.
- 9Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 10Serve with bacon, tomatoes and arugula.