White Chocolate and Raspberry Waffles
30 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 4½ oz white cooking chocolate
- ½ cup (3½ oz) caster sugar
- 9 tbsp (4½ oz) butter
cut into small pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups (11¾ oz) self-rising flour
- ⅓ cup (2¼ oz) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup (4¼ oz) frozen raspberries
- Fresh raspberries
- Whipped cream
- 1Put the chopped chocolate, sugar and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) in 30 second bursts, stirring, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Put the eggs, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 3Put the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 4Whisk the egg mixture into the flour to form a smooth batter. Stir in the chocolate chips and frozen raspberries.
- 5Select CHOCOLATE waffle setting and dial up number 5 on the LIGHT/DARK indicator dial.
- 6Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 7Pour ½ cup of the batter into each waffle square and close the lid to cook.
- 8Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 9Serve with fresh raspberries, cream and a drizzle of honey.