Double Chocolate Waffles with Honeycomb
30 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 10½ oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 7 tbsp (3½ oz) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups (11¾ oz) all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup (5¼ oz) superfine sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Chopped chocolate coated honeycomb
- Ice cream
- 1Select CHOCOLATE waffle setting and dial up number 4 on the LIGHT/DARK indicator dial.
- 2Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 3Meanwhile, put 6¼ oz (180g) of the chocolate and the butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High in 30 second bursts, stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 4Put the eggs, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 5Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 6Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter. Stir in the remaining 4¼ oz (120g) chopped chocolate.
- 7Pour ½ cup of batter into each waffle square and close lid to cook.
- 8Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 9Serve with scoops of ice cream and chopped honeycomb. Note: Waffles will be soft after cooking but will harden on cooling.