Chocolate and Peanut Butter Waffles
35 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 8¾ oz milk chocolate
- 9 tbsp (4½ oz) unsalted butter
cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (13¾ oz) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (3½ oz) superfine sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 10 peanut butter cups
- Chocolate ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Crushed peanuts
- Chocolate sauce
- 1Put the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High (100%) in 20- second bursts, stirring between each burst, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Put the eggs, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Stir in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 3Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder into a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 4Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter. Stir in the peanut butter cups.
- 5Select CHOCOLATE waffle setting and dial up number 5 on the LIGHT/DARK indicator dial.
- 6Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 7Pour ½ cup of the batter into each waffle square and close the lid to cook.
- 8Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 9Serve topped with ice cream, cream, peanuts and chocolate sauce.