Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake Waffles
45 mins total time
20 mins active time
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) milk
- 1 cup (8 oz) unsalted butter
melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups (11¾ oz) self-rising flour
- ¼ cup (1¾ oz) superfine sugar
For the passionfruit sauce:
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) passionfruit pulp (approx. 12)
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) water
- ¼ cup (1 oz) powdered sugar
For the lemon cheesecake filling:
- 1¼ cups (10½ oz) smooth ricotta
- ½ cup (5½ oz) lemon curd
- 1To make the passionfruit sauce, put the passionfruit pulp, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, for 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
- 2Put the egg yolks, milk, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 3Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- 4Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- 5Beat the egg whites with a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
- 6Select BELGIAN waffle setting and dial up number 6 on temperature control dial.
- 7Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 8Pour ½ cup of the batter into each waffle square and close the lid to cook.
- 9Repeat with the remaining batter. Set aside to cool completely.
- 10To make the lemon cheesecake filling, put the ricotta and lemon curd in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- 11Cut each waffle in half diagonally. Spoon some of the lemon cheesecake filling over each half, then sandwich the halves together.
- 12Serve drizzled with the passionfruit sauce.