Three-Cheese Souffle Waffles
30 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 3 large eggs
- 2¼ cups (18 fl oz) milk
- 9 tbsp (4½ oz) unsalted butter
- ½ cup (1½ oz) grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup (1¾ oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup (¾ oz) shredded provolone cheese
- 9 oz firm mozzarella
cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 2 cups (10½ oz) all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup finely chopped chives
- 1Put the egg yolks, milk and butter in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 2Combine the cheeses, flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 3Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- 4Beat the egg whites with a stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites and chives into the batter.
- 5Select BELGIAN waffle setting and dial up number 5 on LIGHT/DARK indicator dial.
- 6Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 7Pour ½ cup of the batter into each waffle square. Close the lid and cook.
- 8Repeat with the remaining batter.