Banana Pecan and Caramel Waffles
35 mins total time
15 mins active time
Makes 10 waffles
For the caramel sauce:
- 1¼ cups (10 fl oz) heavy cream
- 4 tbsp (2 oz) unsalted butter
- ¾ cup (5¼ oz) light or dark brown sugar
For the waffles:
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups (14 fl oz) milk
- 9 tbsp (4½ oz) unsalted butter
melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (10½ oz) self-rising flour
- ½ cup (3½ oz) light or dark brown sugar
- 2 large bananas
thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- Toasted chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1To make the caramel sauce, combine the cream, butter and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to medium-low and simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- 2Select CLASSIC setting and dial up LIGHT/ DARK indicator dial to suit your preference.
- 3Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 4Meanwhile, make the waffles, place the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 5Combine the flour and half the sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 6Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- 7Pour just under ½ cup of batter into each waffle square. Top each square with 3 slices of banana and 1 teaspoon of the remaining sugar. Close the lid to cook.
- 8Repeat with remaining batter, bananas and sugar.
- 9Serve waffles with banana, ice cream, caramel sauce and pecans.