Baked Trout with Fennel
25 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
cut into 1/2-inch -thick slices
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ small yellow onion
- 4 dill sprigs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 6 oz trout fillets
skin on, scaled and pin boned
- Lemon wedges
- 1Put the fennel, garlic, onion and dill in the roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine then spread evenly over the base of the pan.
- 2Insert the wire rack into the middle shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select BAKE/SUPER CONVECTION/350°F/10 minutes and press start.
- 3Drizzle the remaining oil over the skin of the trout and use your fingertips to rub the oil into the skin. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- 4Place the trout on top of the fennel.
- 5Once preheated, place put the trout in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove the trout from the oven. Insert a knife into the thickest part to ensure it is cooked to your liking. Serve with lemon wedges.