Air-Fried Buffalo Wings with Blue Cheese Sauce
These buffalo wings are an American classic, crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside all without a deep-fryer in sight. Tossed in a hot and tangy sauce and broiled until deliciously caramelized. Served with a creamy blue cheese sauce and celery sticks, they will have you craving for more.
45 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes about 18
For the chicken wings:
- 3 lb chicken wing drumettes and flats (party wings)
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Celery sticks
For the buffalo sauce:
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) hot sauce
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
For the blue cheese sauce:
- 4 oz creamy blue cheese
crumbled, plus extra for garnish
- ⅓ cup (2¾ oz) sour cream
- ¼ cup (2 oz) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1Insert the wire rack into position 7. Place the roasting pan on the rack so it sits beneath the basket to catch any drips during cooking. Place the air fry basket into rack position 3. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 2Place the wings on paper towels and pat dry to remove any excess moisture.
- 3Place the milk powder, salt and oil in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the wings and mix to coat.
- 4Once preheated, carefully place the wings in the basket, evenly spaced apart and start Autopilot. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 5Place all the ingredients listed below in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- 6Place the blue cheese in a bowl, add the sour cream and mayonnaise and whisk to combine. Add the remaining ingredients listed below and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- 7The wings should be browned and cooked through. If not, give it a bit more.
- 8Remove the basket from the oven and transfer the wings to the buffalo sauce and turn to coat. Remove the roasting pan from the oven and discard the cooking juices. Return the wings and any sauce from the bowl to the roasting pan.
- 9Move the wire rack to position 3. Place the pan in the oven and start the timer.
- 10The wings should be caramelized. If not, give it a bit more.
- 11Stand the wings in the pan for 5 minutes to absorb some of the pan juices.
- 12Crumble some blue cheese over the blue cheese sauce and serve the wings with the sauce and celery sticks.