Baked Passionfruit Cheesecake
7 hrs 40 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 3½ oz unsalted butter
melted, plus extra for greasing
- 7 oz digestive biscuits
- 17½ oz cream cheese
chopped, at room temperature
- 1 cup (7 oz) superfine sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1¼ cups (10½ oz) sour cream
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) passionfruit pulp
from about 6 fruits
- 3 passionfruit
- Powdered sugar
- 1Invert the bottom of a 9-inch springform cake pan and lock into position. Brush the bottom and side with melted butter. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- 2Put the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until completely crushed. Add the melted butter and pulse until well combined.
- 3Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan. Use a large spoon to press the mixture evenly over the bottom. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4Insert the wire rack into the bottom shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select BAKE/CONVECTION/275°F/55 minutes and press start.
- 5Wash and dry the processor bowl.
- 6Put the cream cheese in the bowl of the food processor. Process until smooth. Add the sugar and process until smooth and creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl as required.
- 7Add the eggs one at a time, and pulse after each addition. Add the sour cream and pulse until just combined.
- 8Pour the cheesecake mixture into the cake pan. Spoon over the passionfruit pulp and swirl to combine. Place on the pizza pan.
- 9Once preheated, put the cheesecake in the oven and bake for 55 minutes.
- 10When the alarm sounds, turn the oven off and cool the cheesecake in the oven, with the door ajar, for 2 hours.
- 11Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- 12Remove the cheesecake from the pan and transfer to a serving plate. Spoon over the passionfruit pulp, dust with powdered sugar. Slice with a warm knife and serve.