Zucchini, Prosciutto and Parmesan Waffles
1 hr total time
25 mins active time
- 1 small onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2¼ cups (11¾ oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ cup (1½ oz) finely grated parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) milk
- 13 tbsp (6½ oz) unsalted butter
melted and cooled
- Cherry tomatoes
- Shaved parmesan
- Small basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1Select CLASSIC waffle setting and dial up number 6 on temperature control dial.
- 2Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 3Combine the onion, zucchini, flour, baking powder, salt and grated Parmesan in a large bowl.
- 4Put the eggs, milk and butter in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 5Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- 6Pour ½ cup of the batter into each waffle square and close the lid to cook.
- 7Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 8Serve with the tomato sauce, prosciutto, tomatoes, shaved Parmesan, basil and pepper.