Air-Fried Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
1 hr 10 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 4 strips thick cut bacon
- 1½ lb Brussels sprouts
trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot
cut into ¼-inch slices
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1Insert wire rack in rack position 6. Select BAKE/350°F/CONVECTION/ 20 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- 2Line roasting pan with foil and lay bacon strips in pan. Cook bacon, flipping once, until browned and crisp. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to cool and reserve the fat in the roasting pan. When bacon has cooled, cut crosswise into ¼-inch slices and set aside.
- 3Place Brussels sprouts and shallot in a large bowl. Measure 2 tablespoons of warm bacon fat and add to bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well to evenly coat.
- 4Select AIRFRY/400°F/SUPER CONVECTION/15 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- 5Spread Brussels sprouts mixture in a single layer on the airfry basket. Cook for 15 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are deeply browned and crisp on the outside, tossing a few times with a spatula for even browning.
- 6While Brussels sprouts are cooking, add maple syrup and mustard to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 2–3 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- 7Place Brussels sprouts mixture in a large bowl and drizzle on maple glaze. Add lemon juice to taste, tossing to evenly coat. Garnish with crispy bacon and serve.