Quinoa Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
1 hr 15 mins total time
20 mins active time
- 1 cup red quinoa
rinsed and drained
- 4 oz cauliflower florets
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups Italian parsley leaves
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- 4 oz feta
Apple Cider Vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1Place quinoa in a large microwave safe bowl. Add 2 cups (480ml) of water and place on turntable.
- 2Press MICROWAVE and set 100% for 15 minutes. Press START to begin cooking.
- 3Let stand for 5 minutes then stir and cool to room temperature.
- 4Place cauliflower in microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water, cover with vented lid or plastic wrap and place on turntable. Press FOOD MENU and select COOK, then SOFT VEG, 4 ounces. Press START to begin cooking, stirring halfway through. Cool to room temperature.
- 5When quinoa and cauliflower are cool, place in large bowl with carrot, green onion, parsley, cherry tomatoes, almonds and feta.
- 6Make Apple Cider Vinaigrette: Whisk vinegar, honey, mustard and olive oil in small bowl.
- 7Pour Apple Cider Vinaigrette over salad, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Serve cold or at room temperature.