Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
1 hr 5 mins total time
20 mins active time
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) olive oil
plus extra for greasing
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 10 (2¼ lb) small red or yellow skin potatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1Put the butter, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a small saucepan over low heat. Heat for 3-4 minutes until the butter has melted and the salt dissolved. Cover to keep warm.
- 2Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each potato to create a flat, stable base. Place one potato lengthwise between 2 chopsticks or flat- handled wooden spoons. Cut slits into the potato, 1/8-inch apart, stopping when the knife hits the chopsticks. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- 3Insert the wire rack into the middle shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select ROAST/CONVECTION/425°F/45 minutes and press start.
- 4Grease the roasting pan. Place the potatoes in the roasting pan, flat side down. Brush generously with the garlic butter mixture.
- 5Once preheated, put the potatoes in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from the oven, brush the potatoes with the remaining garlic butter mixture and return to the oven.
- 7Roast for another 15 minutes until the potatoes are golden and tender.
- 8Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with chives and parsley and serve.