Air-Fried Spiced Walnuts
Air frying the walnuts evenly toasts them and enhances their nutty flavor. The walnuts can be swapped out for any nuts you have in your kitchen, or, if you feel like trying something a little different, simply change the garam masala for your favorite spice.
35 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 3 cups (10 oz) walnuts
- 1 large egg white
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1½ tsp garam masala
- 1Evenly spread the walnuts in the air fry basket. Insert the basket into rack position 2 and start the timer. The walnuts should be lightly toasted.
- 2Remove the walnuts from the oven and stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- 3The oven will adjust the setting to cook the walnuts. It’ll signal when ready. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 4Place the egg white in a large bowl and whisk until frothy. Add the salt and garam masala and whisk for 1 minute.
- 5Add the cooled walnuts to the coating and stir. Evenly spread the walnuts in a single layer in the air fry basket.
- 6When the oven signals, place the basket into rack position 3 and start the timer. When the Rotate Remind signals, carefully stir the nuts, and continue cooking.
- 7The walnuts should be golden brown. If not, give it a bit more.
- 8Nuts can be served warm or at room temperature. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 1 week.