Air-Fried Sweet Potato Wedges
50 mins total time
25 mins active time
- 1 lb 10 oz sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cajun spice mix
- 2 tbsp (1 fl oz) olive oil
- Cooking oil spray
For the lime aioli:
- ½ cup (4 oz) mayonnaise
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1Wash the potatoes. Cut each potato into 3-inch lengths then cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges.
- 2Put the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 4-5 minutes until almost tender, the potato should still be firm when tested with a skewer. Drain in a colander.
- 3Line a large tray with a clean tea towel. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the tray. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven. Select AIRFRY/SUPER CONVECTION/400°F/30 minutes and press start.
- 5Put the salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, coriander and Cajun spice mix in a large bowl. Transfer 1½ teaspoons to a small bowl and set aside. Add the oil and mix well. Add the wedges and stir gently to coat.
- 6Place the wedges into the AIR FRY basket, ensuring they are not touching each other.
- 7Once the oven has preheated, place the basket in the AIR FRY position and cook for 30 minutes until crisp.
- 8To make the lime aioli, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
- 9Place the potato wedges on a serving plate. Sprinkle with reserved spice mix and serve with lime aioli.