Air-Fried Barbecue Mixed Nuts
Air frying the nuts evenly toasts them, which enhances their flavor. These are great served at parties or as an energy-boosting snack. Feel free to change it up too by simply swapping out the barbecue seasoning for your favorite combination.
35 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 2½ cups (12 oz) mixed nuts
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1½ tsp barbecue seasoning
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1Evenly spread the nuts in the air fry basket. Insert the basket into rack position 2 and start the timer. The nuts should be lightly toasted.
- 2Remove the nuts from the oven and stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- 3The oven will adjust the setting to cook the nuts. It’ll signal when ready. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 4Place the egg white in a large bowl and whisk until frothy. Add the salt, seasoning and paprika and whisk for 1 minute.
- 5Add the cooled nuts to the coating and stir. Evenly spread the nuts in a single layer in the air fry basket.
- 6Place the basket into rack position 3 and start the timer. When the Rotate Remind signals, carefully stir the nuts, and continue cooking.
- 7The nuts should be golden brown. If not, give it a bit more.
- 8The nuts can be served warm or at room temperature. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 1 week.