Prosciutto, Artichoke, Olive and Basil Pesto Pizza
2 hrs 25 mins total time
40 mins active time
Makes 4 pizzas
For the dough:
- 3⅓ cups (17½ oz) bread flour
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) lukewarm water
For the basil pesto:
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (2 oz) firmly packed basil leaves
- 1 small clove garlic
- ⅓ cup (1½ oz) pine nuts
- 1½ oz parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the topping:
- 12 slices (7 oz) prosciutto
- 8 (8½ oz) fresh mozzarella bocconcini
torn into pieces
- 8 (5 oz) artichoke hearts
- ⅔ cup (3½ oz) drained thinly sliced oil-packed sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup (2½ oz) pitted Kalamata olives
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- 1To make the dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the oil and water and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and water and mix until the dough comes together, add an extra tablespoon of water if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Divide into four, 6 ½ oz pieces.
- 4To make the basil pesto, combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend or process until combined. Spoon into a clean jar. Cover the top with a thin layer of olive oil. Refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- 5To make the pizza, turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position and PREHEAT the pizza oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Roll out each piece of pizza dough to form a 9 ½-inch round and place each on a 11 ¾-inch square piece of parchment paper.
- 7Prick the crusts with a fork or pizza docker.
- 8Spread 2½ tablespoons of the pesto over each pizza crust.
- 9Divide the toppings evenly among the crusts, poking the tomatoes under so they won't burn.
- 10Select the THIN crust setting.
- 11Transfer one of the pizzas (still on the parchment paper) to the hot pizza stone and close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 12Open the lid and quickly slide the parchment paper out carefully. Close the lid and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until browned. Monitor the cooking progress through viewing window. Topping should be cooked and golden and crust crisp and brown.
- 13Open the lid carefully with oven mitt and transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- 14Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
- 15Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slice and serve.