Roasted Heirloom Tomato Pizza
the Crispy Crust™ Pizza Maker Product Details
this recipe is tailored for:
the Crispy Crust™ Pizza Maker
2 hrs 25 mins total time
30 mins active time
Makes 3 pizzas
For the dough:
- 3⅓ cups (17½ oz) bread flour
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) lukewarm water
For the topping:
- 21 oz heirloom tomatoes
- 8¾ oz mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
divided, plus extra to serve
- 1½ cups (5¼ oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup (1½ oz) grated pecorino cheese
- Basil leaves
- 1To make the dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the oil and water, and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and water and mix until the dough comes together, add an extra tablespoon of water if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Divide into three, 8 ¾-oz pieces.
- 4To make the topping, preheat the oven to 450°F. Arrange the heirloom and cherry tomatoes in a greased roasting pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with the thyme leaves, sugar and season with salt and pepper. Spoon over 2 tablespoons of the oil. Roast for 8-10 minutes until the tomatoes start to colour but still hold their shape. Set aside to cool.
- 5To make the pizza, turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position and PREHEAT the pizza oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Roll out each piece of pizza dough to form a 9 ½-inch round and place each on a 11 ¾-inch square piece of parchement paper.
- 7Prick the crusts with a fork or pizza docker.
- 8Spread 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil over each pizza crust. Divide the toppings evenly among the crusts.
- 9Select the CLASSIC crust setting.
- 10Transfer one of the pizzas (still on the parchment paper) to the hot pizza stone and close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 11Open the lid and quickly slide the parchment paper out carefully. Close the lid and cook for a further 7-8 minutes or until browned. Monitor the cooking progress through the viewing window. Topping should be cooked and golden and crust crisp and brown.
- 12Open the lid carefully with oven mitt and transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- 13Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
- 14Drizzle with extra olive oil, season with salt and pepper and garnish with basil leaves. Slice and serve.
Share with friends