Swiss Chard, Olive and Ricotta Pizza
2 hrs 5 mins total time
30 mins active time
Makes 4 pizzas
For the dough:
- 3⅓ cups (17½ oz) bread flour
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) lukewarm water
For the topping:
- 6 cups (14 oz) Swiss chard leaves
- 4 tsp olive oil
plus extra to serve
- 1⅓ cups (4¾ oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 12 (12¾ oz) fresh mozzarella
torn in half
- ⅔ cup (3½ oz) pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 cup (8½ oz) ricotta cheese
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1To make the dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the oil and water and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and water and mix until the dough comes together, add an extra tablespoon of water if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Divide into four, 6 ½ oz pieces.
- 4To make the topping, remove the Swiss chard leaves from the stalks and pat dry with paper towel. Coarsely tear the leaves.
- 5To make the pizza, turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position and PREHEAT the pizza oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Roll out each piece of pizza dough to form a 9 ½-inch round and place each on a 11 ¾-inch square piece of parchment paper.
- 7Prick the crusts with a fork or pizza docker
- 8Spread 1 teaspoon of oil over each pizza crust. Divide the toppings evenly among the crusts.
- 9Select the THIN crust setting.
- 10Transfer one of the pizzas (still on the parchement paper) to the hot pizza stone and close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 11Open the lid and quickly slide the parchment paper out carefully. Close the lid and cook for a further 5-7 minutes until browned. Monitor the cooking progress through viewing window. Topping should be cooked and golden and crust crisp and brown.
- 12Open the lid carefully with oven mitt and transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- 13Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
- 14Top each with ricotta. Drizzle with extra olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slice and serve.