Spring Rolls with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
2 hrs 55 mins total time
30 mins active time
For the spring rolls:
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
divided, plus extra for brushing the spring rolls
- 9 oz ground pork
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 -inch piece (½ oz) fresh ginger
peeled, finely grated
- 1½ cups (3½ oz) shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 green onion
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 8 spring roll wrappers (8½-inch square)
For the sweet chili dipping sauce:
- ½ cup (4 fl oz) Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Thinly sliced hot red chili peppers
- Cilantro sprigs
- Lime wedges
- 1To make the spring rolls, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook, stirring often to break up the lumps for 3-4 minutes until browned. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 2Wipe the skillet clean, add the remaining oil and reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- 3Add the cabbage, carrot and green onion. Cook, stirring often for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- 4Return the pork to the pan. Add the soy sauce and oyster sauce. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- 5Spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet and refrigerate for 1-2 hours until completely cool.
- 6In a small bowl, whisk the water and corn starch together to a smooth paste.
- 7Cover the wrappers with a slightly damp towel to keep from drying out.
- 8Place one wrapper on a clean cutting board so that one corner points towards you like a diamond.
- 9Spread 3 tablespoons of the filling horizontally across the wrapper, just below the halfway point. Fold the bottom corner up and over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll up. Brush a little corn starch mixture at the top corner to seal.
- 10Place the spring roll on a baking sheet or plate, cover with plastic wrap while making the remaining spring rolls.
- 11Repeat the process to make 8 spring rolls.
- 12Preheat the oven. Select AIRFRY/450°F/SUPER CONVECTION/10 minutes and press start.
- 13Generously brush the spring rolls with grapeseed oil. Place the spring rolls in a single layer in the air fry basket, ensuring they are not touching each other.
- 14Once preheated, place the basket in the AIR FRY position and cook for 10 minutes.
- 15Remove the basket, turn the spring rolls over and return to the oven. Select AIRFRY/450°F/SUPER CONVECTION/10 minutes and press start.
- 16To make the sweet chili dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- 17Place the spring rolls on a serving plate. Top with chili pepper and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and sweet chilli dipping sauce.