Spiced Lamb, Yogurt and Pine Nut Pizza
2 hrs 50 mins total time
1 hr 5 mins active time
Makes 6 individual pizzas
For the dough:
- 3⅓ cups (17½ oz) bread flour
- 2 tsp instant dried yeast
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) lukewarm water
For the topping:
- 17½ oz ground lamb
- ½ tsp ground fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup (8½ oz) plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 red onion
halved, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup (1½ oz) pine nuts
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Pomegranate molasses
- Mint leaves
- 1To make the dough, put the flour, yeast, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix to combine. Add the oil and water and mix on medium-low speed for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. (Alternatively, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the oil and water and mix until the dough comes together, add an extra tablespoon of water if necessary. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.)
- 2Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour or until the dough doubles in size.
- 3Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and punch down to remove the excess air. Knead the dough into a smooth ball. Divide into six, 4 ½ oz pieces.
- 4To make the topping, put the lamb in a bowl. Add the spices, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Roll tablespoons of the lamb mixture into small oval shapes. Place on a plate. Spoon 1 tablespoon olive oil over the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble the pizzas.
- 5Combine the yogurt and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 6To make the pizza, turn the ON/OFF switch to the ON position and PREHEAT the pizza oven for 15 minutes.
- 7Roll out each piece of pizza dough to form a 8 ½-inch long, 4 ¾-inch wide oval. Place two, side by side, allowing a little space between each, on 11 ¾-inch square pieces of parchment paper.
- 8Spread 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil over each pizza crust. Divide the toppings evenly among the crusts.
- 9Select the CLASSIC crust setting.
- 10Transfer two of the pizzas (still on the parchment paper) to the hot pizza stone and close the lid. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 11Open the lid and quickly slide the parchment paper out carefully. Close the lid and cook for a further 6-7 minutes until browned. Monitor the cooking progress through the viewing window. Topping should be cooked and golden and crust crisp and brown.
- 12Open the lid carefully with oven mitt and transfer the pizza to a cutting board.
- 13Repeat with the remaining pizzas.
- 14Top each pizza with the yogurt mixture and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pine nuts. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and pomegranate molasses. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with mint leaves. Slice and serve.