Classic Rhubarb and Berry Crumble
Warm and sweet with a hint of tartness, this much loved dessert is simply baked rhubarb, berries and apples topped with a deliciously crunchy and buttery oat crumble.
1 hr 15 mins total time
20 mins active time
- 14 oz rhubarb
- 8 oz strawberries
- 4 oz blueberries
- 2 small red apples
peeled, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup (2 oz) white sugar
- 1 cup (2½ oz) old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup (2 oz) turbinado raw sugar
- ½ cup (2 oz) ground almond
- ½ cup (2½ oz) all-purpose flour
- 4 oz cold unsalted butter
- Double cream
- 1Trim the ends and peel away the tough outer skin. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- 2Combine the rhubarb, strawberries, blueberries and apples in a large bowl. Add the sugar and toss to coat. Transfer to a 8-inch square baking dish.
- 3Insert the wire rack into position 5. Meanwhile, continue to the next step.
- 4Place the oats, sugar, ground almonds and flour in a bowl. Add the butter and use your fingertips to rub in the butter to form coarse crumbs.
- 5Evenly sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit.
- 6Once preheated, place in the oven and start Autopilot.
- 7The crumble should be golden and crisp. If not, give it a bit more.
- 8Stand for 10 minutes.
- 9Serve topped with cream.