Triple Chocolate Cookies
1 hr 34 mins total time
30 mins active time
- 3½ oz unsalted butter
chopped, at room temperature
- 7 oz dark chocolate
broken into pieces
- ¾ cup (3½ oz) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- ¾ cup (5¼ oz) light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (1 oz) cocoa powder
plus extra to serve
- 1 large egg
- 1Melt the butter and 3 oz of the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly with a metal spoon until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Put the flour, salt, brown sugar and cocoa powder in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until combined. Add the warm chocolate mixture and the egg. Mix on low speed until combined.
- 3Chop the remaining 4 oz chocolate and stir into the dough.
- 4Insert the wire rack into the middle shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select BAKE/350°F/CONVECTION/13 minutes and press start.
- 5Line the pizza pan with parchment paper. Roll heaped tablespoons of dough into balls. Place 6-7 balls evenly spaced on the pan, not too close to the edge, allowing room for spreading. Flatten slightly.
- 6Once preheated, put the cookies in the oven and bake for 13 minutes until the cookies are cracked a little on the surface. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7Repeat with the remaining dough.
- 8Dust with a little cocoa powder to serve.
- 9Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container for 4-5 days.