1 hr 30 mins total time
50 mins active time
- 4 (21 oz) medium granny smith apples
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup (2¼ oz) light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 large egg
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Mint leaves
- 1Cut the apples into ½-inch pieces.
- 2Combine the apples, butter, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, lemon juice and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until the apples are tender, but still hold their shape.
- 3Transfer the apple mixture to a bowl. Refrigerate for 20 minutes until cool.
- 4Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 5Place 1 sheet of pastry on a cutting board and cut into 4 equal squares.
- 6Lightly brush the edges of each square with egg. Place a heaped tablespoon of the apple mixture into the center of each square.
- 7Fold each square in half diagonally to enclose the filling and form a triangle. Press down to remove any air bubbles. Using a fork, press the edges to seal the pastry. Place the turnovers on the prepared baking sheet.
- 8Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until the pastry is firm.
- 9Preheat the oven. Select AIRFRY/SUPER CONVECTION/350°F/20 minutes and press start.
- 10Lightly spray the bottoms of the turnovers with oil and place in the AIR FRY basket, ensuring they are not touching each other.
- 11Brush the tops with egg and sprinkle with raw sugar. Score the tops with 3 small slits, making sure you don’t slice through to the bottom.
- 12Once preheated, place the basket in the AIR FRY position and cook for 20 minutes, until golden brown and puffed.
- 13Serve warm or at room temperature with ice cream, raspberries and mint leaves.