Classic Banana Bread
2 hrs total time
20 mins active time
Makes 1 loaf
- 1½ cups (12 oz) mashed overripe bananas
plus 1 firm ripe medium banana, extra
- 1 cup (7 oz) light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (2¾ oz) grapeseed oil
plus extra for greasing
- ⅓ cup (2¾ oz) milk
- 1¾ cups (9 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp flaky sea salt
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1Grease and line a 8½ x 4½ inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- 2Insert the wire rack into the middle shelf position. Preheat the oven. Select BAKE/CONVECTION/325°F/1 hour 20 minutes and press start.
- 3Place the mashed banana, sugar, eggs, oil and milk in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- 4Sift the flour and baking powder together over the banana mixture. Add the salt and stir gently to combine.
- 5Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- 6Slice the extra banana in half lengthways, peel and place cut-side-up on the batter. Brush the banana with the maple syrup.
- 7Once preheated, put the banana bread in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Don't insert the skewer into any of the cracks as this will give an inaccurate reading.
- 8Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
- 9Slice and serve warm with butter.Tip: You will need about 3 large overripe bananas for the mashed banana.