Buttermilk Waffle Batter
20 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 3 large eggs
- 1¾ cups (14 fl oz) buttermilk
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups (10½ oz) self-rising flour
- ¼ cup (1¾ oz) superfine sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1Select BUTTERMILK setting and dial LIGHT/ DARK indicator dial to suit your preference.
- 2Preheat until the orange light flashes and the wors HEATING disappears.
- 3Meanwhile, put the eggs, buttermilk and oil in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 4Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 5Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter. If batter is too thick, stir in another 1-2 tablespoons buttermilk.
- 6Pour ½ cup of batter into each waffle square and close lid to cook.
- 7Repeat with the remaining batter.