Chocolate Waffle Batter
30 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 5¼ oz 70% dark chocolate
- 6½ tbsp (3¼ oz) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups (12 fl oz) milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups (10½ oz) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (5¼ oz) superfine sugar
- ¼ cup (¾ oz) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Double cream
- Chocolate sauce
- 1Select CHOCOLATE waffle setting and dial up number 4 on the LIGHT/DARK indicator dial.
- 2Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 3Meanwhile, put the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on High in 30 second bursts, stirring until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 4Put the eggs, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture.
- 5Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 6Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- 7Pour ½ cup of batter into each waffle square and close the lid to cook.
- 8Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 9Serve topped with cream, strawberries, raspberries and chocolate sauce.