Classic Waffle Batter
20 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) milk
- 10½ tbsp (5¼ oz) unsalted butter
melted and cooled
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups (11¾ oz) self-rising flour
- ¼ cup (1¾ oz) superfine sugar
- 1Select CLASSIC setting and dial up LIGHT/ DARK indicator dial to suit your preference.
- 2Preheat until the orange light flashes and the word HEATING disappears.
- 3Meanwhile, put the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until well combined.
- 4Combine the flour and sugar in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- 5Whisk the egg mixture into the flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- 6Pour ½ cup of batter into each waffle square and close the lid to cook.
- 7Repeat with the remaining batter.