45 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 1⅓ cups (11 oz) pop corn kernels
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) buttermilk
- ⅔ cup (3½ oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 oz unsalted butter
- Softened salted butter
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease and line the base and sides of a 8-inch square, 1 1/2-inch deep cake pan with parchment paper.
- 2Put the popcorn in the blender and secure the lid. MILL for 1½-2 minutes until finely ground.
- 3Add the baking powder, baking soda, buttermilk, flour, salt, eggs and melted butter to the blender and secure the lid.
- 4STIR for 30 seconds, scrape down the side and STIR for a further 15 seconds until just combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- 5Bake for 25-30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 6Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then turn onto a wire rack.
- 7Serve warm with softened butter or with your favorite soups or stews.