Maple Pecan and Brazil Nut Butter
35 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 1⅓ cup, 12¼ oz
- 2 cups (8¾ oz) pecan halves
- ½ cup (2¼ oz) Brazil nuts
- ⅓ cup (2¾ fl oz) pure maple syrup
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Put the pecans and Brazil nuts in a bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup and toss to coat. Spoon onto the baking sheet, adding any maple syrup left in the bowl, and spread evenly.
- 3Bake for 8-10 minutes, stirring the nuts halfway through, until golden. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to cool.
- 4Put the maple nuts, cinnamon and salt in the blender and secure the lid. MIX for 15 seconds. Scrape down the side, then CHOP for 20-30 seconds, stopping and using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- 5BLEND for 15 seconds then PUREE for a further 15 seconds, scraping down the side as needed. If the nut butter is too thick, add a little oil and continue blending until a thick, spreadable consistency is reached.
- 6Remove the lid and scrape down the side of the blender. MILL for 30 seconds until well blended. Taste, adjust the salt to your liking.
- 7Spoon into a clean sterilized jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- 8Use the CLEAN program to clean the blender.