Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
20 mins total time
10 mins active time
- 4 (7 oz) porterhouse steaks
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the chimichurri sauce:
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) olive oil
plus extra to cook
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 green onion
cut into quarters
- 1½ cups (1 oz) loosely packed flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup (¾ oz) loosely packed cilantro leaves
- ½ cup (½ oz) loosely packed oregano leaves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup (2 fl oz) fresh lemon juice or red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- French fries
- 1To make the chimichurri sauce, put all the ingredients in the blender and the secure lid. CHOP for 15-20 seconds, scraping down the side halfway through with a spatula, until well combined.
- 2Transfer to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface and refrigerate until needed.
- 3Put the steaks on a plate. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon 2 tablespoons of chimichurri sauce over each steak and turn to coat.
- 4Preheat a grill pan over medium-high until hot. Drizzle a little oil over the steaks. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warm platter, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- 5Serve the steaks with the remaining chimichurri sauce and fries.