Pea and Mint Soup
20 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 3 cups (1 lb) frozen green peas
- 2 green onions
- 2 cups (16 fl oz) vegetable stock
- 1½ cups (1 oz) loosely packed fresh mint leaves
plus extra to serve
- ¾ cup single cream
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
- 1Put the peas in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes until thawed. Drain.
- 2Put the peas, green onion and stock in the blender and secure lid. Blend on the SOUP program until the program finishes and the soup is smooth.
- 3Add the mint leaves and cream and secure the lid. PUREE for 30 seconds until combined.
- 4Pour the soup into a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of yogurt or sour cream and garnish with extra mint leaves.Tip: If using fresh stock and serving the soup chilled, bring the stock to the boil and boil for 2 minutes, then allow to cool until there is no visible steam before blending.