Chewy Oat, Pepita, and Flax Seed Cookies
35 mins total time
20 mins active time
Makes 28 cookies
- 1 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup superfine turbinado or raw sugar
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 170 g unsalted butter
- ¼ cup Lyle’s golden syrup
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Put the pepitas, flour, ginger, oats, sugar, coconut and ground flax seed in the blender and secure the lid. STIR for 20 seconds until combined.
- 3Place the butter and golden syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 20-30 seconds until butter has melted.
- 4Combine the baking soda and boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Stir into the warm butter mixture. Pour the butter mixture into the blender and secure the lid. STIR for 30 seconds. To avoid over mixing use a spatula to incorporate any remaining dry ingredients.
- 5Roll 1 tablespoon measures of the dough into balls. Place on prepared baking sheets, allowing 1 ¼-inch between each cookie. Use the back of a spoon to flatten slightly.
- 6Bake for 10-12 minutes, swapping the baking sheets halfway through, until light golden.
- 7Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes to firm before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- 8Use the CLEAN program to remove cookie dough residue from the blender.