Banana and Ricotta French Toast
20 mins total time
15 mins active time
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 fl oz) whole milk
- ½ cup (4½ oz) whole-milk ricotta
- 1½ tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 slices thick white bread
- 1 medium banana
- ¼ cup (1¾ oz) superfine sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat the sandwich press until the READY light illuminates.
- 2To make the egg wash, whisk the eggs and milk together until well combined.
- 3In a separate bowl mix together the ricotta, maple syrup and vanilla.
- 4Spread the ricotta mixture over 2 slices of bread. Top with the banana and then finish with the remaining bread slices.
- 5Dip each sandwich into the egg wash, shaking off any excess.
- 6Place the sandwiches onto the sandwich press and lower the lid. Cook for 5 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- 7Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- 8Serve French toast dusted with cinnamon sugar.